Volunteer at the Tewksbury Public Library!
Do you enjoy being around books?
Would you like to learn more about libraries?
Do you need to complete community service hours for school or church?
Volunteers need to be age 14 and older, and projects may vary depending on the time of year and the number of available volunteers. Sample volunteer projects include:
- Dusting book stacks
- Cleaning DVDs
- Cleaning computers
- Putting books away on the shelves
- Putting books in order
- Straightening the shelves
- Alphabetizing collections
- Shifting collections to make more room (requires lifting)
Volunteer Opportunities with the Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library
- Sorting community donations, for flexible weekday hours
- Help with the newsletter, membership administration or light computer work
- Customer service and checkout during Friendly Little Bookshop hours
- Bake sales or other fun fundraising activities