Volunteer at the Tewksbury Public Library!
Do you enjoy being around books?
Would you like to learn more about libraries?
Do you need to complete community service hours for school or church?
If you are between the ages of 14 and 18, contact our Teen Librarian Aimee Villet for an application and more details!
If you are over 18 years old and interested in becoming a library volunteer, please print and fill-out the Adult Volunteer Application Packet. For more information about adult volunteer opportunities, contact Jeanne Swartz by email or call 978-640-4490 ext. 203.
Projects may vary depending on the time of year and the number of available volunteers. Sample volunteer projects include:
- Dusting book stacks
- Cleaning DVDs
- Cleaning computers
- Putting books away on the shelves
- Putting books in order
- Straightening the shelves
- Alphabetizing collections
- Shifting collections to make more room (requires lifting)
Volunteer Opportunities with the Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library
- Sorting community donations, for flexible weekday hours
- Help with the newsletter, membership administration or light computer work
- Customer service and checkout during Friendly Little Bookshop hours
- Bake sales or other fun fundraising activities