Join us for the 2017 Reading Challenge! This year we're challenging you to read award-winning writing!
|Register Here||Log Books Here||Paper Flyer|
Challenge yourself with the following list. Do as many or as few as you want. Read other things that you like!
Fill out a slip for each book you read whenever you come to the Library OR use our web form.
P.S. You can always ask a librarian (in person, on the phone or via email) for help to find titles
for any of these categories. We looooove to help!
Below are reading challenges you can undertake. Links to websites for the awards follow the challenge.
Have fun and don’t forget to join our conversation on Facebook (“TPL Reading Challenge Group”)!
Twelve prizes will be awarded this year—one each month. Be sure to register with us and turn in your reading slips (located at the Library’s Front Desk or via the form above) to enter!
- Read an Award Winning Play
- Read a Pulitzer Prize Winning Essay
- Read a Helen Bernstein Award Book
(NonFiction book by a working journalist!)
- Read an NYPL Young Lion Award Book
- Read an Award Winning Short Story
- Read an Eisner Award Winning Graphic Novel
- Read a Hugo (Science Fiction), Nebula (SF/Fantasy) or World Fantasy Award Winner
- Read a Newbery Award Winner (Children’s Novels)
- Read a PEN/ESPN Award Winner (Sports Writing)
- Read a Mystery Genre Award Winner
- Read a Horror Genre Award Winner
- Read Any Booker Prize Winning Novel
- Read a Michael L. Printz Award Winner (Teen)
- Read a Nobel Literature Prize Winner
- Read a RITA Award Winner (Romance)
- Read a Christy Award Winner (Christian Fiction)
- Read a Travel Memoir or Piece of Writing
- Read a Historical Fiction Award Winner
- Read a Massachusetts Book Award Winner